I have professional work experience in many different fields. Not only have I worked at for profit organizations, but I’ve also worked for the Government of Canada and a not-for-profit organization. Below is an online version of my most current resume.
Social Media Intern
Jib Strategic Inc.
April 2013 – Current (4 months) | Toronto, Ontario
• Updated and maintained a client with over 1 billion in sales’ social media accounts including Twitter and Google+.
• Increased Google+ usage and reach; increased followers from 13 to over 150 in a month.
• Developed and bolstered client’s content marketing strategies by creating and posting blogs using WordPress.
• Learned how to effectively utilize SEO techniques including the use of Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
Marketing Coordinator (Co-op)
January 2011 – August 2011 (8 months) | Markham, Ontario
• Creatively designed various point of purchase and marketing material including flyers, display signage and a newspaper advertisement.
• Advertised products by distributing samples to notable media contacts such as HGTV for use on television shows.
• Helped set-up, organize, and run promotional events including travelling across Home Depots in southern Ontario to promote the STÖK brand.
• Effectively communicated product features and benefits to sales representatives through Microsoft PowerPoint.
Marketing Communications Assistant
Community Living Ontario
June 2010 – August 2010 (3 months) | Toronto, Canada Area
• Established strong oral communication skills by conducting phone surveys.
• Conducted research, prepared and wrote a marketing strategy plan.
• Overlooked Social Media websites to increase brand exposure, organizational awareness and to promote online conversations.
• Proactively took the initiative to analyze statistics using Microsoft Excel.
Markets and Trade Assistan
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
September 2009 – January 2010 (5 months) | Guelph, Ontario
• Developed superior analytical skills while working on food based research projects.
• Communicated effectively with businesses to promote agricultural symposiums and food shows.
• Creatively prepared PowerPoint presentations for stakeholders.
• Professionally attended food shows and events as a representative of the government.
Hospitality Service Worker
>University of Guelph Hospitality Services
September 2007 – April 2009 (1 year 8 months) | Guelph, Ontario
• Trained to work at various chains located on campus including Pita Pit, Subway, Yogen Früz, and William’s Coffee Pub
• Energetically provided excellent service to all customers
• Responsibility handled cash transactions
Quality Services Summer Student
May 2008 – August 2008 (4 months) | Toronto, Canada Area
• Needed strong attention to detail to confirm assessment forms matched database numbers
• Randomly checked mail being sent out for quality purposes and for accurate information